Monday, March 19, 2012

Art Analysis: Palmer Hayden


The painting above is called "Midsummer Night in Harlem" was was painted by Palmer Hayden. The piece depicts life of the African-American community in Harlem. The artist used mostly light colors, even though it is the middle of the night. This gives the scene in the painting a vibrant atmosphere that looks like it is full of life. The people all seem to be laughing and having a good time, representing the pride and community in Harlem.

I chose this painting because while searching it stuck out to me. I like the composition and there is a lot going on in the picture which I think is interesting.

Source:
http://www.pbs.org/wnet/aaworld/arts/hayden.html


1 comment:

  1. I really like this painting because there is a lot of stuff going on, and i feel like i can jump right in (blues clues style). nice job raina

    ReplyDelete